Amazon Web Services (AWS) by Amazon.com is a cloud computing platform that allows for scalable web hosting via its geographically diverse data centers. AWS has a pay-as-you-go pricing model with no upfront investment making it a low-cost, quick alternative to using a physical server farm. Services include data storage, databases, servers, high–performance computing and more. All services are provided with both a point-and-click interface, a suite of powerful API tools and a variety of computing instances which can automatically adjust to your application needs. AWS requires the user to select the geographic region within which data will be processed/stored.
Amazon Web Services include many different options within nine different categories of services. Visit http://aws.amazon.com/products for more information on the different tools available within Amazon Web Services.
PLEASE USE CONTACT TAB TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL APPROVALS
- Attorney/Client Privileged Information
- Credit Card or Payment Card Industry (PCI) Information
- Export Controlled Research (ITAR, EAR)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Data
- IT Security Information
- Medical/Health Information
- Other Sensitive Institutional Data
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) High Level
- Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
- Sensitive Identifiable Human Subject Research
- Student Education Records (FERPA)
- Student Loan Application Information (GLBA)