Box is a cloud file storage and syncing solution that provides document management, collaboration, and sharing. When sharing files, Box provides many security options, including sharing only with specific users, sharing with all UC Davis users, sharing via a secure and unique link, and public access. Additionally, collaborators can be granted varying levels of access from viewing only to full ownership rights.
Common uses for Box include keeping all your files in one place that you can access anywhere from any device, collaborating to create group work spaces, and sharing links to send large files and replace email attachments. UC Davis Box accounts provide unlimited storage.
To sign up for a UC Davis Box account, log in with your UC Davis credentials at http://ucdavis.box.com. For more information on BOX please review the FAQ for Box on the Knowledge Base, and for best practices on how to use BOX for more of an enterprise service please review the Knowledge Based Article titled "Using Box in a department, lab, or workgroup".
PLEASE USE CONTACT TAB TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL APPROVALS
- Attorney/Client Privileged Information
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Data
- IT Security Information
- Other Sensitive Institutional Data
- Personal Information
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) High Level
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Moderate Level
- Sensitive Identifiable Human Subject Research
- Student Loan Application Information (GLBA)