Zoom is an online conferencing tool that provides video, web, and audio conferencing (both device-based and phone) capabilities.
Note, there are multiple units on campus with separate Zoom instances.
- The ability to create instant meetings, record and download conference sessions
- Schedule Zoom meetings through Outlook 365
- Share your screen with others
- Annotate notes in real-time
- Send chat messages privately and to the entire online group.
- Zoom allows for a lot of functionality as each license includes web-based audio and video conferencing for up to 50 attendees at once.
- Zoom can be widely used by campus faculty and staff for meetings, collaboration with colleagues, and online office hours.
Contact your local IT support to determine if your department has a Zoom account. The University of California utilizes Zoom as the UC system-wide online conferencing tool. This contract fulfills the UC’s current and future communication needs at a substantial cost saving and aligns the UC system on a single tool.
*If you are a UC Davis Health student, faculty or staff member, please visit https://ucdavishealth.zoom.us to obtain your Zoom account and view UC Davis Health policies.*
Questions regarding the agreement should be sent to the UC Davis Strategic Sourcing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also go to the UC Davis Supply Chain webpage to find more information about Zoom at UC Davis.